Re: Summary of the situation with the composition process — thoughts wanted

Joshua Cranmer Pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 21:56:03 UTC 2011

On 6/21/2011 2:36 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
> Is that a good choice?  For example, are there mail clients which are
> not capable of correctly handling UTF-8?  (It's not a rhetorical
> question, I don't really know).

I have heard that some Japanese mobile phones are not capable of
understanding mails written in UTF-8 and expect Shift-JIS instead.

Actually, this is one feature that I would be happy to see go: I
occasionally drop in Unicode characters into my messages all the time,
and the editor should upgrade to UTF-8 automatically if that is the case
instead of going "Oy, you're not using UTF-8, you can't do that, unless
you want me to make you do UTF-8?"

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner