Code names for Aurora builds

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Mon Jun 6 23:44:36 UTC 2011

On 11-06-06 17:49 , Jim wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 04:40 PM, Mark Banner wrote:
>> If anyone has any more suggestions, please let us know. We'll probably
>> be making the final decision on Wednesday as we need to get these builds
>> started, and having the code name at the beginning will be much easier.
>
> We could also consider basing Thunderbird's "Aurora" codename on the
> other use of "Aurora": the Roman goddess of the dawn.

Along the same lines, I was hoping we could use the Greek version:
"Eos", but no-one else who heard it really liked it, and it really
doesn't follow the "A" scheme.

> "Apollo" is probably the only one of those that's recognizable to most
> people, though.

We could also use Battlestar Galactica references if we went that way…
(Well, probably not, but it would be neat.)

Later,
Blake.
--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird Front End