Code names for Trunk builds

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Mon Jun 6 22:00:54 UTC 2011

I'm starting this as a separate thread to make collation easier.

Firefox changed Minefield to Nightly as they wanted to attract more
users to it and soften the name. We're thinking about changing the name
for Shredder, though we haven't decided for definite yet. This decision
may take us longer to complete on as trunk builds are already set up,
and we're focused on getting the rapid releases moving smoothly, however
as we're thinking about aurora code names, now seemed a good time to
kick off the discussion.

Therefore, any suggestions for a new name for the trunk/nightly builds
of Thunderbird?

The Nightly/Aurora/Beta/Release brandings of Firefox are designed to
imply emerging features coming through the channels. We'd like to keep a
sense of that for Thunderbird as well.

Mark.