Code names for Aurora builds

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:49:45 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 04:40 PM, Mark Banner wrote:
> If anyone has any more suggestions, please let us know. We'll probably
> be making the final decision on Wednesday as we need to get these builds
> started, and having the code name at the beginning will be much easier.

We could also consider basing Thunderbird's "Aurora" codename on the
other use of "Aurora": the Roman goddess of the dawn. If we want to keep
with the "A" (for "alpha", as opposed to "B"/"Borealis" which might
imply "beta"), we could use:

* Albina <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albina_(mythology)>
* Alectrona <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alectrona>
* Apollo (not specifically the "dawn", but the sun in general)
   <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_%28god%29>
* Atanua <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atanua>
* Atarapa <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atarapa>

"Apollo" is probably the only one of those that's recognizable to most
people, though.

- Jim