The purpose of tb-planning.

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozilla.com
Fri Jun 3 07:12:39 UTC 2011

On 02/06/11 03:01, Blake Winton wrote:
> On 11-06-01 20:23 , Karsten Düsterloh wrote:
>> Blake Winton aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>>> This isn't a place where everyone gets to decide everything about
>>> Thunderbird.
>> I don't think anyone expects this, realistically.
>
> Well, it's sort of been treated that way for a little while.  And it
> seems to me like it's worth re-iterating that it's not.
>
>> But there's a difference between „we're planning X, we would like to
>> know how you feel about, and announce our decision“ and „we decided X,
>> and we don't care what you say“.
>
> I agree, and I think we should keep the "we decided X" posts off this
> forum, because there isn't much useful conversation we can have about
> them.  (On the other hand, the "we're planning X" threads I've read
> have been very helpful, and I would like to see more of them.)
They need to be announced and they fall into planning things for
Thunderbird. We could have just ignored reaction and I'm glad we didn't.

And sometime we do decide stuff without really having the choice - but
still it needs to be announced.

Ludo

--
Thunderbird QA                                      https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Testing