Version number changes for Thunderbird

Joshua Cranmer Pidgeot18 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 3 01:59:58 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 06:27 PM, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
>> The fact is, no other open source software
>> ratchets their version numbers up like this - quite the opposite in
>> fact.
>
> jonathan at ramona:~ $ xterm -v
> XTerm(269)

The installed packages I have with version numbers greater than 10,
excluding obviously year-based package numbers:
python-twisted (11)
build-essential (11)
preview-latex-style (11)
libportaudio2 (19)
psmisc (22)
wireless-tools (30)
x-ttcidfont-conf (32)
udev (167)
xterm (269)
less (443)

That is 10 projects right there with large version numbers. Of course,
you have to take into account that a very large amount of open source
software never even makes it up 1.0...

--
Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth