The purpose of tb-planning.

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Jun 2 16:42:10 UTC 2011

On 6/2/2011 7:06 AM, Blake Winton wrote:
> What do you all think about keeping tb-planning mostly open, but
> asking people to re-write their posts if they aren't adding useful
> information?
That should be a very rare occurrence, only happening when people are
clearly being abusive or counterproductive. "Not new information" is too
low of a bar for intervention.

In the past few years, I would say that Thunderbird has suffered more
from too quick decisions from the powers-that-be, that are then
considered set in stone and undiscussable, than from excessive whining
and complaining. What the project needs is not additional mechanisms to
restrict discussions, but rather leadership that is good at consensus
building in important new areas (the cat herding that BenB, Joshua and I
were talking about in IRC a few days ago). I have high hopes that you,
Blake, can be an effective cat herder for us.

rkent