The purpose of tb-planning.

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Jun 2 16:32:31 UTC 2011

On 6/2/2011 6:14 AM, Mark Banner wrote:
> My concern with a separate announce list is that it would mean that
> we'd end up with two lists for everyone interested to subscribe to. It
> would also mean that people couldn't as easily ask a quick question if
> there's something that is ambiguous or needs more detail in the
> announcement, although in that case they might end-up asking on
> tb-planning anyway.
FWIW, I fully agree with this logic. Trying to optimize anything (here
our communication) is a continual battle of perfection versus
simplicity. I don't think that whatever problem an announcement list is
supposed to solve is worth the new complexity of a separate list, when
there are already zillions of channels of communication, so I vote for
the simplicity of no new list.

rkent