Version number changes for Thunderbird

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Thu Jun 2 15:10:39 UTC 2011

On 02/06/11 18:55, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> RSS feeds essentially port many damages and features of the web to
> Thunderbird. As for standards speed, IMAP has had a spurt of activity
> over the past two-three years that would be nice to to be fully
> implemented. In addition, email is perhaps the single most classical
> vector for viruses, if anyone cares to recall the "I love you" virus and
> its friends of that era.

Let's not forget IMAP itself is protocol and should be implement at both
sides, so server side too and his extensions. While HTTP protocol
doesn't change recently, only layout XML/HTML/XHTML/CSS/etc changes and
bring features.

In real life scenario TB just missing few IMAP extensions(I keep up to
date Mozilla wiki page for that). Not what I'm against implement every
possible extension :).

And if user decide to open attachment nothing you can do about, its just
single and basic vector for attack, it will be always there.