Version number changes for Thunderbird

Rafael Ebron rebron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:09:07 UTC 2011

On 6/2/11 4:30 AM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> On 02.06.2011 03:14, Rafael Ebron wrote:
>> For example, Gmail users don't know what version number they're on.
>> They're just using Gmail. And the Gmail team ... are able to push
>> features without having to use version numbers.
>
> Have you *ever* read a news item in a major news outlet that headlined
> "Gmail has new feature XYZ"? I can't remember any. Oh wait, there was
> one: The delete function, after there was an outrage that Gmail didn't
> really delete it, and Google had to respond to the public. There is
> *no* regular news about Gmail. That's exactly my point.
This was just last week. LA Times, International Business Times, all the
Tech Outlets
http://news.google.com/news/story?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&ncl=dIi0YVehhNzXlrMqf66VhHqYvVgNM

And also my comment about my car wasn't about my car model it was
regarding the software in my car.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/service/care/accessories_and_software_updates/software_update.html

It sounds like we all should know the operating system and version of
our car software which tells us how fast we're driving, how much gas we
have left, and connects us to things like gps/directions, OnStar, BMW
Assist, etc.  I'm glad the car guys aren't making me care.  They're
taking care of keeping my software up to date and letting me focus on
driving my car.

-Rafael