Version number changes for Thunderbird

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 1 22:11:48 UTC 2011

On 31/05/2011 11:24, Archaeopteryx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> releasing more often (theoretically up to 8 API breaking releases per
> year because 52 weeks/year divided through a 6 week branching cycle)
> will be a pain for business users because they have to repeat some
> work/testing with every release.
For enterprises, we're aware that this may be difficult for them, and
we're willing to chat about it
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/tb-enterprise>.
> So, is Thunderbird's new target group the mail end user or businesses
> which use it pretty bare?
Just under a year ago, Dan Mosedale put a document together
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Dmose/Tb_Product_Notes> that aimed to
help the community see where the Thunderbird product is going. In that
document for the market, we stated:

"Thunderbird will focus on the individual user and Small Office / Home
Office (SOHO) market segments."

I believe we haven't affected that focus with moving to rapid releases.

Mark.