Missing symbol std::locale::facet::facet_Register

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Jul 29 05:51:45 UTC 2011

I have so far been unable to get a release version (with jemalloc)  of
Thunderbird to compile on the current beta repository with Windows. I
get an error like this:

import.lib(rtfDecoder.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"private:
  static void __cdecl std::locale::facet::facet_Register(class
std::locale::facet
  *)" (?facet_Register at facet@locale at std@@CAXPAV123@@Z) referenced in
function "pu
blic: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)"
(?_Register at facet@loc
ale at std@@QAEXXZ)
xul.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I tried upgrading my SDK to 7.1 from 7.0, no help. The changes that were
introduced in bug 207156 are probably the issue.

Does anyone have any pointers to give to me on this?

rkent