Naming Thunderbird's Aurora channel.

Jb Piacentino jb at mozilla.com
Thu Jul 21 14:16:25 UTC 2011

Guys,

To the risk of sounding basic and boring, could someone remind me what
the rationale is behind choosing a different from FF naming scheme ?
Why did we reject Thunderbird Aurora ? Nightly (I can vaguely remember
a timezone argument)

I wouldn't see too much of an issue in having a uniform naming scheme
across the board ie TB Nightly/TB Aurora/RB Beta. We share so much in
the release process that it actually might simplify things and help
avoiding a lot of mistakes...
I guess that we don't need to be different just for the sake of being
different, but that's my $0.02... and not so much fun, I agree.

Jb

On jeudi 21 juillet 2011 02:18:58, Blake Winton wrote:
> On 11-07-20 9:23 , Blake Winton wrote:
>> As suggestions, I offer the following:
>> Thunderbird Cygnet [0]
>> Thunderbird Squab
>>
>> Sean suggested:
>> Thunderbird Peep [1]
>> Thunderbird Flight
>> Thunderbird Origin
>> Thunderbird Dawn
>> Thunderbird Ace
>
> Another suggestion was raised: Thunderbird Ae
ro