Bug 80713, Gecko politics

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Mon Jul 4 18:02:32 UTC 2011

On 07/04/2011 12:16 AM, Jim wrote:
> Another thing that this
> would help us with is to allow customizing the toolbar in the
> multimessage summary, which isn't currently possible because
> document.persist() only works when you have a XUL document.

document.persist doesn't really do anything that complicated or magic.
I think one could cause it to be persisted to the same place or a
similarly reliable place without a massive amount of effort by forcing
the information in at document initialization time and updating it when
customization ends.  (Since we intentionally forget our session store
when we think we might have crashed, it's not a good place to store
settings that should have any degree of permanence...)

Andrew