Bug 80713, Gecko politics

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:16:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Jonathan Protzenko
<jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thus, my question is : is there anything we can do about it? Can we possibly
> request that the bug be fixed, in some kind of an official manner? Can we
> take some money off our budget to bribe roc into fixing it? ;-) I don't
> think we make that kind of requests often, and that's partly because we know
> we have close to zero weight in the Gecko politics, but if there's anything
> we can do about it, I do think it might be worth a try.

The fact that it's an HTML5 feature will probably help us, but perhaps
if we compiled a reasonably-comprehensive list of things that would be
improved in Thunderbird by fixing this bug, that would give us a
little more weight behind our push for it? Another thing that this
would help us with is to allow customizing the toolbar in the
multimessage summary, which isn't currently possible because
document.persist() only works when you have a XUL document.

I suppose we could just go hunting for bugs like that and file them as
dependencies on 80713.

- Jim