Too much glass…

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 1 02:18:19 UTC 2011

On 11-06-30 21:57 , Ben Bucksch wrote:
> On 28.06.2011 20:08, Blake Winton wrote:
>> hide the menu, as per Firefox, IE, Windows Finder, and others.
>
> Without wanting to be too conservative, but the Firefox menu wasn't
> really important. (Just the bookmarks.) Thunderbird is a real
> application, not just a viewer, so the menus are more meaningful and
> important.

If we had Test Pilot up and running, we could find out what menus are
meaningful and important to Thunderbird's users…  ;)

(See also
<http://breakingtheegg.tumblr.com/post/7087898858/mmmm-test-pilot-for-thunderbird-so-what>.)

> I do like the idea of tabs on top, and that shouldn't be hard, or is it?

It's a much more invasive change than I'ld want to take for a version
that's already in Beta.  I'm not even sure we can get it in for TB7, or TB8…

Later,
Blake.
--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird User Experience Lead
bwinton at mozilla.com