Siddharth Agarwal sid at
Thu Jan 27 08:45:23 PST 2011

Mozilla 2.0 has a very useful Services module [1], which allows easy
access to a set of commonly-used XPCOM service components. I'm thinking
of adding something like that for mailnews as well.

For a start, I'm thinking of adding:
- the POP3, IMAP, NNTP and compose services
- nsIMsgCopyService
- nsIMsgFolderNotificationService
- nsIAbManager

- Is this a good idea? Any other services to add?

- How should this be exposed? I think we should have a module in
mailnews/ called MailServices (MailNewsServices is too wordy). We
wouldn't be able to add mail/ services to it, but I don't think we
really have any commonly-used XPCOM services in there, nor do I see that