A Thunderbird "stdlib"

Karsten Düsterloh mnyromyr at tprac.de
Tue Jan 18 15:05:22 PST 2011

Andrew Sutherland aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
>> This sounds like looking for trouble, if various extension start trying
>> to include different versions of the lib into the global namespace -
>> unless you are very careful when changing its behaviour or its API...

"its" as in "the stdlib we're talking about here".

> But no extension should be doing this and this is enforced by the
> addons.mozilla.org review guidelines and reviewers.  The good news is
> that even if the review process does not catch it (the side-effecting
> version of Cu.import is not obvious), only extensions doing the wrong
> thing will get hurt by other extensions also doing the wrong thing.

Huh?
I suspect a misunderstanding here.

Why would amo complain here:
- Addon A ships with v0 of stdlib and loads it in a script tag in a XUL
overlay to, say, messenger.xul.
- Addon B ships with v1 of stdlib and loads it in a script tag in a XUL
overlay to, say, messenger.xul - but v0 and v1 behave differently
although the API hasn't changed.

Karsten