Profile Manager Beta

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat Jan 15 15:14:42 PST 2011

On 14.01.2011 21:37, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 01:06 PM, Siddharth Agarwal wrote:
>> On 14 January 2011 23:31:33, Bryan Clark wrote:
>>> So far I thought this was really good. I played with it for a little
>>> while yesterday.
>>>
>>> It does interrupt my current workflow using profiles for
>>> development, testing, and normal.  But I think I could adapt that.
>>
>> Are the command-line switches (-P foo) still going to work?
> From what I recall of various discussions (it's been several months,
> so my memory may be fallible), I think selecting a profile with -P foo
> will still work, but any command line argument which raises UI will not.

Ah, good.

(Answering my own question from earlier today.)

The discussion on m.dev.platform, subject "Removal of the Profile
Manager UI?", pretty exactly 1 year ago (!), raised this very issue, and
it was recognized by "powers that be" that we need to keep the
commandline switches or at least offer an alternative.

Ben