Student project: Thunderbird Addon Development

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Dec 23 15:49:09 UTC 2011

On 23.12.2011 12:50, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> I don't want to start a war on this, but I've heared quite a few times that
> SyncML is dead and ActiceSync would be the way to go.

Correct me when I'm wrong, but it's like saying "LDAP is dead,
ActiveDirectory is the way to go". ActiveSync is a Microsoft protocol
originating with Windows CE / Mobile. SyncML is a vendor-neutral standard.

SyncML is built into several phones, like Nokia. There are several
open-source implementations of SyncML servers (e.g. Funambol) and
clients (e.g. Evolution, all the Funambol clients).

Ben