SeaMonkey development for 2.1 moved to releases/comm-2.0

Justin Wood (Callek) callek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:24:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

As of tonight, I CLOSED comm-central for the comm-2.0 branch setup for
SeaMonkey.

For those who do not know, comm-2.0 is intended to be built with Gecko
2.0 for the upcoming SeaMonkey 2.1 release. Thunderbird/Calendar have
decided not to do a release based on Gecko 2.0 and instead will base
their next release on Gecko 5.0.

Since SeaMonkey is the only ones following Gecko2, and since our release
date is nearing, we have decided to branch comm-central now to avoid
further potential traps and issues.

Points:
* The comm-2.0 repo will be open for landings as early as tomorrow.
* Tonights nightly for comm-2.0 builds will be based off the
|hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-2.0| repository.
* comm-central (for suite/) will remain CLOSED until comm-2.0 is also open.
* When both repo's reopen, SeaMonkey development will still be focused
on SeaMonkey2.1 and all patches will need to double-land (see below)
* comm-2.0 will remain l10n frozen, and comm-central will be free to
take l10n updates for seamonkey when the trees reopen.

We need to really narrow in on SeaMonkey2.1-final and get this release
out the door, Firefox 4.0.1 is imminent, and likely to be the final .x
release off mozilla-2.0

There are still some minor bugs to fix for the comm-2.0 setup, but none
of them should drastically affect our plan.

See Bug 646804 for details.

Followup To mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey (please respect) ask any and all
questions there.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)