Experiments status + experiments proposal

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Wed Apr 13 18:47:23 UTC 2011

On 13/04/2011 18:40, Kent James wrote:
> On 4/13/2011 5:09 AM, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
>> I felt people were starting to write things like "(the late) Mozilla
>> Messaging does a lot of experiments, but very little ends up being
>> merged in the actual product". Other people might want to
>> agree/disagree with that statement
> I've never really thought of this issue, but in both reading other
> people's comments on this thread as well as observing myself, that is
> certainly true.
I think one thing to remember is that the reason we're doing experiments
is to experiment. We don't have to land all experiments in the product,
some we'll drop or decide to leave as extensions (or, of course, land
them in the product). Similarly we are prioritizing some over others, so
we may put experiments on hold for certain periods whilst we focus on
other things.

Mark.