Experiments status + experiments proposal

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Apr 13 17:40:58 UTC 2011

On 4/13/2011 5:09 AM, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
> I felt people were starting to write things like "(the late) Mozilla
> Messaging does a lot of experiments, but very little ends up being
> merged in the actual product". Other people might want to
> agree/disagree with that statement
I've never really thought of this issue, but in both reading other
people's comments on this thread as well as observing myself, that is
certainly true.

For myself, I did the TweeQuilla addon as an experiment in adding new
account types, but did not actually attempt to polish the UI to really
make it a really valuable Twitter replacement. (By the way, though the
AMO listing seems to be gone from AMO for now, a new TweeQuilla file
that supports both 3.1 and 3.3 is available at
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/downloads/file/117728/tweequilla_twitter_for_thunderbird_bundle-0.2-tb-windows.xpi
Windows only I'm afraid.)

It does seem like we as a community need to do a better job of looking
at other people's work, and encouraging completion and polishing of
worthy concepts.

rkent