Resyncing Miramar with the next Firefox release

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Tue Apr 12 20:28:41 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I just wanted to highlight this that we noted at today's status meeting.

We've decided to resync the Miramar release so that it will be based on
the same platform version (gecko 5.0) as the next Firefox release (FF
5). I'll be getting more details out about this during the week, but the
main things to note are that I'm expecting the main freezes to be
mid-May, with possibly a restriction on landings for a couple of weeks
before then.

I'm also hoping that we'll be moving the Miramar nightly builds onto
gecko 5.0 later this week, again more details when that happens.

Mark.