The Future of Messaging: Who is the 'self-contained Thunderbird team'?

David Ascher dascher at mozillamessaging.com
Mon Apr 11 22:20:56 UTC 2011

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I'm not keen on publishing lists of what employee is doing what, as I
believe that is primarily an employment matter that's mostly between
the employees and their managers.  It should be (or become) fairly
clear who'se doing what based on their contributions in the project on
an ongoing basis.

I do however want to explain that while in the past, many MoMo folks
were spread between Thunderbird and non-Thunderbird projects, an
explicit goal is to establish clear areas of focus, so that Thunderbird
has enough dedicated resources, and that our investment in innovation
on the web side of things doesn't starve Thunderbird of resources.  Of
course, there never will be enough people working on Thunderbird to
satisfy everyone's wants & desires, which is true for every piece of
software ever written afaict.

--david