Experiments status + experiments proposal

Mike Conley mconley at mozillamessaging.com
Mon Apr 11 15:00:40 UTC 2011

>> I think mconley's excellent work on Ubuntu integration is expected to land in 3.3.
> I believe that the significant functionality here is going to stay as extensions that Ubuntu integrates into Thunderbird with their build mechanism. I'm sure Mike will correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris Coulson from Canonical is hoping to eventually get these
extensions merged into Gecko/Thunderbird - but he acknowledges that
we've missed the 3.3 deadline.  Until we manage to integrate, we'll
continue to include the features as extensions via the build mechanism
that Mark mentioned.

That appears to be the current plan for the Thunderbird+Unity work.

-Mike