Status of the "Compose in a tab" experiment

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Apr 5 18:42:46 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-05 2:39 PM, Jonathan Protzenko wrote:
> Compose in a tab is a Mozilla Messaging experiment that bundles an HTML
> editor called CKEditor, and builds a totally new composition UI, that
> incidentally also happens to live in a tab.

Thanks for working on this jonathan!

Just one question though...

I happen to be one of those that simply cannot stand using tabs in
Thunderbird... I love/use them extensively in Firefox, but I have tried
numerous timed, and don't like tabs in TBird - except I guess I'v
learned to live with having the calendar there...

Is there something about this new compose feature that makes it only
workable in a tab? Or is that just the way you've designed it? The HTML
composition bugs in TBird are really my only remaining real gripe
nowadays, and I sure hope the new composer won't *require* the use of
composing in tabs...

Thanks again...

Charles