Status of the "Compose in a tab" experiment

Jonathan Protzenko jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:11:14 UTC 2011

My point is many people are more proficient with HTML than with XUL.
Andy Chung, for instance, does nothing but HTML designs. And he's using
-moz-box-flex, which *is* the XUL box model. What's left that XUL has
and HTML hasn't? <xul:description crop="end"> to emulate text-overflow:
ellipsis that gecko *still* hasn't implemented.  What else? Menus, but
these will come somehow with HTML5. A few native widgets...

There's little fresh blood coming to the Thunderbird world. I don't
think we can afford to be picky. Anyone who's talented with HTML could
be help on this project, imho :-).

jonathan