The Future of Messaging: Who is the 'self-contained Thunderbird team'?

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Mon Apr 4 20:42:45 UTC 2011

In David Ascher's blog posting "The Future of Messaging" he says:

".. nothing will change...  In particular, the Thunderbird team will
remain a tight-knit self-contained product team with full responsibility
for the stewardship, development and support of Thunderbird."

Who precisely is this team at the moment? I have been under the
impression that most of the MoMo staff is shared between the Thunderbird
product and "increasing our focus on messaging and communications on the
web".

Or is the "tight-knit self contained product team" the same group of
people who will also pursue the vision of the web focus?

rkent