TB: SABDFL interested in default mail client in Ubuntu?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Mon Sep 13 12:42:20 UTC 2010

  On 09/02/2010 09:56 PM, Alan Lord (Gmail) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I thought your should be aware of this.
>
> There's a very cool extension that integrates TB with libnotify and
> the Indicator Applet on the Gnome desktop of Ubuntu.
>
> Mark Shuttleworth (the sponsor, backer and SABFDL) has just indicated
> his interest in getting TB to be the default mail client on Ubuntu.
That's really cool news!
What's probably needed to get it as the default client is for some
Thunderbird people to the Ubuntu Developer Summit [1] in Orlando,
Florida 25-29th of October and answer questions about the product and
look into if there are any outstanding issues.
I'm thinking of going there at least, we'll see.
- Andreas