Silence can be deafening

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozillamessaging.com
Fri Sep 10 05:06:37 UTC 2010

 On 09/09/10 03:41, JoeS wrote:
> OK guys, clue me (and other loyal TB testers) in here.
> Are we out of money
> In a re-group phase
> Bored..or disinterested
> What...

No just not communicating properly :(

> I see so little participation here, or in IRC, or in bug triage, I
> just have to ask.

So bug triagge has moved to weekly events to see if it helps getting
more people at it and if having focused events (ie by interest and not
by date query) will generate more interest).  I posted some information
about it on mdat, as this has been the traditional communication channel
with people participating in our QA/ triage activities - and when
discussed with them they said it was preferred to stay there. And yes
I'm not annoucing thins every week.

On the testing side of things, our plan is still call for participation
- ie but at the moments devs are fighting with making trunk stable and
doing new features that take time, while maintaining stability branches.
I've not crowdsource testing for stability branches so I didn't call for
any help.

As you might have noticed I still cc you when a composition / html
rendering issue is reported in bugzilla ;-).

We are not bored for sure.

Joe did you notice our announces when we released some extensions ?

Ludo

--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://www.spreadthunderbird.com/aff/79/2