Switching more charsets to better default fonts

Siddharth Agarwal sid at mozillamessaging.com
Mon Oct 11 11:39:59 PDT 2010

I think we should look at switching more character sets to better
default fonts for Thunderbird 3.2.

It should be safe to assume that any fonts we're switching to have at
least the Latin, Greek and Cyrillic character sets. Thus I propose that
the following charsets be switched to the same fonts that Western and
Unicode have been switched to, on all platforms:
- Central European, "x-central-euro"
- Cyrillic, "x-cyrillic"
- Baltic, "x-baltic"
- Greek, "el"
- Turkish, "tr"

This would mean switching to Calibri and Consolas on Windows Vista and
7, and Lucida Grande and Menlo/Monaco on Mac OS X. Does this make sense?
Are there other charsets where we can make the change?

Sid