Thunderbird Conversations : feedback wanted!

Jonathan Protzenko jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:00:36 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

My Thunderbird Conversations addon is nearing completion, and I'm
looking for feedback. This addon is about adding a gmail-like
conversation view into thunderbird, including quick (inline) reply,
contact tooltips, and other nice features that should enhance your
productivity ;-).

I've been releasing dev builds for a few weeks now on
http://jonathan.xulforum.org/files/gcv-nightlies/ and I've blogged about
it several times on http://blog.xulforum.org/index.php . This addon is
compatible with 3.3a1, which means you won't enjoy the nice interaction
with Enigmail, Contacts for Thunderbird, and other 3rd-party addons, but
still it should give you a very enjoyable experience (these addons
haven't been made compatible with Thunderbird 3.3 yet).

If you are an extension author and you wish to interact with the
conversation view, please spark a discussion on http://bit.ly/gPyUjL !
This is precisely why I'm posting now.

If all goes according to plan, a preview release with the corresponding
screencast + blog post on Mozilla Labs should be due in a few week's time.

Regards,

jonathan (:protz)