Try Server notes: Branches, Try Chooser and more
mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Tue Nov 2 10:13:46 UTC 2010
Yesterday I completed some changes to try server. These changes mean
that you now should be able to build both comm-central and comm-1.9.2 by
pushing to try-comm-central from the relevant repositories. I'll note
some more specific details about expected failures below.
Also, please note that our Try Server also supports the Try Chooser
syntax, this allows you to put a comment in the top revision that you
push so that you only build on the platforms you require:
*Notes - comm-central pushes*
* Mac OS X 64 builds won't complete at the moment due to bug 537872
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=537872>. If you do
get them passing, there is one broken xpcshell test (in GSSAPI)
and MozMill won't run correctly on the 10.5 builder due to some
issues with MozMill itself. These should be fixed soon, more
* MozMill tests will fail on Linux 32 bit and 64 bit builds. These
are issues that we've not been able to fix yet. If anyone wants to
look at fixing them it'd be very much appreciated. The best thing
to do here is to compare with previous runs to see if there's
extra unexpected failures.
*Notes - comm-1.9.2 pushes*
* Mac OS X 64 bit builds will fail straight off. 64-bit Mac isn't
supported on 1.9.2.
* xpcshell-tests won't run, this is due to us not running libxul on
the branch, so this can never be fixed.
* MozMill tests on Mac OS X 32 bit fail due to not finding the
* MozMill tests on Linux will fail in a similar way to comm-central
Despite the above, I believe that 1.9.2 is usable and will at least give
you packaged builds on all platforms plus MozMill tests on Windows.
If you get any problems with try server, please file a bug or ask me if
you're not sure what's going on.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning