One more project using ispdb

Philippe M. Chiasson gozer at mozillamessaging.com
Mon May 17 18:29:57 PDT 2010

On 10-05-17 14:02 , Ben Bucksch wrote:
>  On 17.05.2010 18:12, David Ascher wrote:
>> They certainly shouldn't talk to the django app directly
> [...]
>> Blake wrote:
>>> Well, the Evolution developers had a problem with the speed and
>>> connectivity of the website we have it running on.  (So they put it
>>> on their distributed cluster, with machines all over the world.)
> Michael reported: "~20+ seconds in some cases (from our China QA) to
> fetch one."

No clue what that could be related to, but we certainly do not serve
static files in 20+ seconds. I've got pretty complete monitoring of our
web cluster, and I can say for certain that's not where such a dramatic
slowdown was.

I'd like to hear more about their findings however.

> That may be something we should look into, too. Or maybe The Great
> Firewall just didn't like SSL? :)

The autoconfig stuff is also available over http://, so they could try
that and at least confirm (or not) if ssl had something to do with it.