Bumping the autoconfig xml format to support multiple incoming servers.

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Mar 26 17:48:38 UTC 2010

  On 26.03.2010 18:31, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> How about versionning the xml format - not based on the client. version
> 0 goes for 3.0.x.
> Version 1 which is the change you are proposing , dealst with version
> Xxxx ->  YYYY etc ....

That's what we do. We could just as well use v1.1 or v2. The v3.1 is
just the name as chose as format version, because we though it'd be easier.

> As for the maintainance - , when we EOL one product and that product was
> the last one using version z ,we just remove version z from svn. Which
> we'll need to do carefully for people distributing Tb in linux distros
> for instance and offering longer support than we do.

That's the idea. I want to avoid that, that's why I try hard(er) with
the new format to avoid having to rev the format in the future and make
it forwards-compatible, i.e. allow to add new stuff in the future
without breaking the 3.1 client.