testing proposal: embed mozmill/jsbridge/mozrunner into mail/

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Mar 24 12:03:11 PDT 2010

  On 24.03.2010 19:45, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>  On 03/24/2010 11:20 AM, Dan Mosedale wrote:
>>  It sounds like you're proposing to ship it as part of Thunderbird
>> proper?  This would also have the advantage of making it easier for
>> add-on authors to do automated tests.  It would be interesting to
>> understand what the costs of that would be.
>
> Heh, so, I, uh, forgot that not all extension developers would have
> done their own builds of Thunderbird.  I wasn't planning on shipping
> mozrunner/jsbridge/mozmill with Thunderbird and don't think we
> should.  Maybe let's ignore the benefits to extension developers and
> just focus on the benefit to in-tree testing and hip extension developers.

I agree that we should keep Thunderbird release builds focused at end
users and not add unnecessary stuff there.

However, I think it would be a good idea to have a separate "dev" build
for extension developers, which includes mozmill, DOMI and lots of other
niceness for extension developers and testers. The normal build process
would spit it out automatically.

BTW: I just noticed that we have localized nightly builds (didn't know
about that). Very nice!

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-comm-central-l10n/

Very strange for me to see Thunderbird in German :)

Ben