testing proposal: embed mozmill/jsbridge/mozrunner into mail/

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Wed Mar 24 18:45:56 UTC 2010

  On 03/24/2010 11:20 AM, Dan Mosedale wrote:
>  It sounds like you're proposing to ship it as part of Thunderbird
> proper?  This would also have the advantage of making it easier for
> add-on authors to do automated tests.  It would be interesting to
> understand what the costs of that would be.

Heh, so, I, uh, forgot that not all extension developers would have done
their own builds of Thunderbird.  I wasn't planning on shipping
mozrunner/jsbridge/mozmill with Thunderbird and don't think we should.
Maybe let's ignore the benefits to extension developers and just focus
on the benefit to in-tree testing and hip extension developers.

> An less win-like alternative for Windows builders is that I got the
> impression a while back that Ted would be amenable to including it in
> the moztools package.

Then we'd have to coordinate releases of that on top of our existing
packing coordination problems.

Andrew