Policy change for the blocking next release flag

Blake Winton bwinton at mozillamessaging.com
Thu Mar 11 02:20:30 UTC 2010

On 10-03-08 6:58, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> We are looking at ways to drive bugs into releases more efficiently one
> of these ways is ton control the size of bug list. One such bug list the
> bug list based on the blocking request flag. In order to be more
> efficient, we are going to restrain access to who can set the flag.
>
> I've posted a draft policy at
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Blocking_Flag_Policy with a initial
> list at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Blocking_Flag_Policy:List.
>
> Comments welcome before we start actually implementing this.

My only thought is that we might want to separate "Core developers" and
"People being paid to work on TB." into two different items, because
they may not be the same set of people.

Other than that, it seems like it'll be extra work for people like me,
when folks try to convince me to ask for blocking, but less work on the
triagers, and I think that's a fair trade, or at least worth a try.

Later,
Blake.