code name for Thunderbird 3.2

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Mon Jun 21 18:48:48 UTC 2010

  On 6/20/10 4:19 AM, Archaeopteryx wrote:
> Two concerns:
>
> 1. Who uses a disaster as a code name? I can't wait for the jokes about
> correlations.
The proposed name is a beach, not a disaster, and, indeed, a name that
that is not particularly associated with the disaster itself.
> 2. The idea to choose a beach with environmental issues was only born
> because the of the Gulf spill? As bad as it is, but this looks pretty US
> centric to me.
A fair point.  The nice thing about doing more frequent releases is that
we get use more of a variety of names over time.  If we stick with
Miramar for 3.2, I like the idea of making the next version after that
not be US-centric.
>   Why not choose a beach of
> - Nigeria ( http://www.thespec.com/article/790609 )
> - an Indian or Bangladeshi river delta (
> http://maps.google.de/maps?t=h&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=21.730481,89.499779&spn=0.18689,0.121536&z=12
> , http://www.sos-arsenic.net/english/environment/ganges.html )
> - Ecuador (
> http://maps.google.de/maps?t=h&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=-3.120633,-80.235901&spn=0.401777,0.243073&z=11