Canary System for trunk

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Jun 18 23:54:04 UTC 2010

  On 19.06.2010 01:09, KaiRo - Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Dan Mosedale schrieb:
>> As far as keeping old data to support regression hunting, would it work
>> to automatically check in the most recent known good mozilla-central tag
>> to comm-central client.py? That way any given client.py revision would
>> have the appropriate working mozilla-central revision encoded in it.

Yes, something like that would be appreciated.

> IMHO, that would make the comm-central pushlog mostly unreadable with
> a huge number of pointless checkins.

That "number" is configurable. I had made several proposals for this a
while back*, which would be workable, IMHO.

* specifically, on 11.05.2010 19:10 and 23:50, timezone +0200, subject
"Re: create second set of mozilla-central..."

> Trunk is trunk is supposed to break and be fixed.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know which m-c version was supposed to
go with that older c-c version, that's why Dan and me pointed out.