code name for Thunderbird 3.2

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Jun 18 23:20:33 UTC 2010

  On 6/18/2010 4:01 PM, Dan Mosedale wrote:
> fundraising for the gulf
I hate to be a killjoy here, but let's put this in perspective. The 20
billion dollars that BP has recently committed to this effort, if this
was used to fund a private foundation, would make it the fourth largest
private foundation in the world
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wealthiest_charitable_foundations). There
is no way that any effort that Mozilla can put forward on this can have
any impact at all on the problem. If money could solve this, then BP's
funds would be the solution - but they are not. The only justification
that I could see for investing effort there is that it is trendy.  Or is
the point of this to raise money to sue BP for still more money?

There are many, many  worthy causes in the world. I would really hate to
see effort go toward "encouraging" people to donate their precious money
to this sinkhole, which will do virtually no good there compared to the
other places that you might put effort.

rkent