Canary System for trunk

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Fri Jun 18 22:20:16 UTC 2010

  On 6/17/10 1:19 AM, Mark Banner wrote:
> Based on the recent discussion
> <http://groups.google.com/group/tb-planning/browse_frm/thread/7cd3e8ab756f910e#>
> about a second set of builders / canary system. I've come up with a
> spec of what we want it to do:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Infrastructure/Canary_System
>
> At this stage, I'm just trying to come up with a list of aims/basic
> design features to check that we've got everything that we want from
> it covered. Once we've agreed on that, then we can start thinking
> about the implementation.
>
> Hence, please provide thoughts/feedback here.
Nicely put together.  I like the goals & prioritization.  I also like
the automated updating of changesets.

I would suggest making the names more explicit, as it feels to me like
the current proposed names are likely to lead to confusion.  Maybe
TbKnownGood and TbUntested?

As far as keeping old data to support regression hunting, would it work
to automatically check in the most recent known good mozilla-central tag
to comm-central client.py?  That way any given client.py revision would
have the appropriate working mozilla-central revision encoded in it.

Dan