Adopting the mozilla-central superreview policy in comm-central

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozillamessaging.com
Tue Jun 15 06:56:59 UTC 2010

On 15/06/10 08:53, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>  On 6/15/2010 2:44 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>>> For 99.9% of the tests, I agree; for the other .1% I don't think the
>>> effort to try and run them is worth it.
>> While I agree for nightlies. I still think it would be worth the effort
>> on release builds.
>
> Why? Data?

Greemlins will always krept-in where you don't look. Having 100%
coverage is better than 99,9% - and that's why I only care about release
builds.

> Do you assert that Core will break in odd ways that will not also be
> covered by SeaMonkey and/or Firefox running those test suites?

No. I'm just saying I'll sleep better if we test 100% on release builds
than 99,9%. And we might end up in issues not being visible in the
eamonkey branch , nor the Ff, because of some weird and yet undiscovered
HG bug. So I think It make sense to do it on our release builds.

Ludo
--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://flic.kr/photos/lhirlimann