Adopting the mozilla-central superreview policy in comm-central

Mark Banner mbanner at mozillamessaging.com
Thu Jun 10 08:54:42 UTC 2010

  Having thought about it on and off for a while now, I'd like to
propose that we adopt the mozilla-central super review policy for at
least the Thunderbird code in comm-central. The current policy is here:

http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/reviewers.html

I think this has various advantages, including not all patches in
mailnews requiring sr - especially the small ones where we tend to use
the same reviewers anyway - whilst ensuring that API changes get the
extra consideration that they sometimes need.

The policy would not stop reviewers asking for additional reviews if
they felt it necessary e.g. due to lack of knowledge of areas of the
code base.

I would recommend that the same policy covers all of our Thunderbird
areas - editor/ directory/ mailnews/ mail/.

If we get general agreement here, I'm planning on taking this out to the
newsgroups and seeing if at least suite/ wants to join as well (I'm not
sure calendar is in a position to) - so this would minimise the
exceptions that we need to specify.

Please respond with questions, comments, etc. If there's no responses,
I'll assume everyone is in agreement and start moving the discussion
forward to the newsgroups.

Mark.