review system priorities

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Mon Jun 7 19:28:36 UTC 2010

  On 6/4/10 12:01 PM, Dan Mosedale wrote:
>  I quite agree that things aren't working right at this moment.   I
> also agree that there's a bunch of merit to your suggestion, but
> before jumping down to the level of exactly what to _do_, I think it's
> important to be sure that we're all working from the same basic
> assumptions about what goals the review subsystem is intended to
> serve.  I have a strong suspicion that that's not currently the case.
>
> Happily, the MoMo onsite in Vancouver provided the opportunity for a
> number of Thunderbird reviewers to get together and talk about what
> exactly we wanted from our review system.  We came up with what we
> suspect is the right set of priorities.  I need to clean them up a
> bit; I'll send a link to tb-planning on Monday requesting feedback so
> that we can all get on the same page.
Here's a first cut:

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Dmose/Review_System_Priorities>

In the meeting I mentioned last week, we also came up with ideas around
which of those most need improvement (I expect most folks to have
opinions there), as well as options for what to do about them.  However,
before getting into those, I think it would be good to make sure we're
all discussing the same set of priorities.  So, thoughts and feedback
would be much appreciated.  It's also possible that I've misrepresented
some of the collective thinking from that meeting, and if that's true,
now would be a great time for folks to speak up...

Thanks,
Dan