review system priorities (was Re: Reviews timeslot)

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Fri Jun 4 19:01:33 UTC 2010

  I quite agree that things aren't working right at this moment.   I
also agree that there's a bunch of merit to your suggestion, but before
jumping down to the level of exactly what to _do_, I think it's
important to be sure that we're all working from the same basic
assumptions about what goals the review subsystem is intended to serve.
I have a strong suspicion that that's not currently the case.

Happily, the MoMo onsite in Vancouver provided the opportunity for a
number of Thunderbird reviewers to get together and talk about what
exactly we wanted from our review system.  We came up with what we
suspect is the right set of priorities.  I need to clean them up a bit;
I'll send a link to tb-planning on Monday requesting feedback so that we
can all get on the same page.

Dan