NNTP and thunderbird-related lists

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Jul 30 20:21:07 UTC 2010

  On 30.07.2010 20:50, Dan Mosedale wrote:
>  On 7/29/10 5:49 PM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>> Once I have good reason, I cannot read the posts that pose that good
>> reason and cannot reply, because there's no history.
> Cannot is a bit of a strong word here, given that the archives do exist.

A bit irritating to have to say this here, but: I want to use Thunderbird.

Even with the archives, I cannot reply. There's no way to get a posting
from a web archive into Thunderbird, so that I can reply properly. I
don't want to reply without References header, starting a new thread and
looking like a moron. Esp. if I want to reply to several posts.

These problems are not theoretical, but very frequent and very practical
- they (plus the subscription hassle) are one major reason why I often
don't post something even when I think I'd have something useful to say.
They are preventing open communication.

Also, speaking of which: Based on Ludo's and my request, Charles Marcus
posted something about the Account Creation Wizard on tb-enterprise and
here. He told me that he got the moderation reply, that it's held for
approval, that was half a week ago and it's still not approved. So,
that's stopping open communication, too.