NNTP and thunderbird-related lists

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Thu Jul 29 19:36:02 UTC 2010

  On 7/29/10 8:18 AM, Robert Kaiser wrote:
>> Yes that's a very good reason, because when people are asked to give
>> feedback to a mailing list and they aren't subscribed yet it makes it
>> very difficult for them to reply to the thread (and a new thread gets
>> created).
> You mentioning "feedback" there reminds me that I still would find it
> attractive to have newsgroups mirrored by a (threaded) web forum and
> vice-versa - I think that would be a very interesting form of keeping
> both those people like us who like the consistent in-client UI and
> those who like the casualty of web forums in one consistent stream of
> discussing.
I like the goals of having a consistent in-client UI and offering casual
drive-by web usage.  The use of Google Groups was a first stab at
achieving that second goal.  Over time, if Google Groups doesn't improve
significantly here, I hope that we'll consider other solutions that do a
better job of achieving that goal.

Dan