NNTP and thunderbird-related lists

Dan Mosedale dmose at mozilla.org
Thu Jul 29 17:43:37 UTC 2010

  On 7/29/10 12:39 AM, Alan Lord (Gmail) wrote:
> I think the key point for me with NNTP is the last sentence of Ben's:
>
> "Newsgroups are entirely separate."
>
> I agree with his general statement and I work in a similar way by the
> sound of it; email is for stuff that needs dealing with fairly
> promptly. News I can dip in and out of as when I have time or choose
> to do so.
>
> I like the separation of email and News.
If I'm understanding correctly, I think the key point here for both you
and Ben is really more about the presentation and less about the
underlying transport, in this sense: it's important to you to be able to
separate out messages for lower priority discussions and deal with them
at your leisure, and without feeling pressured to do so by the way
they're presented to you.  Does that sound right?

Dan